Organization XIII (XIII機関 Jūsan Kikan) is a group of fourteen powerful Nobodies who seek to reclaim their hearts and become whole again. They are the antagonists of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II, all will be playable in the upcoming game Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days which happens after Roxas' birth. The fourteenth member will also appear for the first time.
Organization XIII debuted in a way in Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, as Xemnas is an optional boss at Hollow Bastion. They officially debuted in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, then known as simply, "the Organization." In Sora's story, the player was introduced to (in no particular order) Marluxia, Axel, Larxene, and Vexen. In Reverse/Rebirth, Zexion and Lexaeus were added to the cast.
The Organization also appeared in Kingdom Hearts II as the main antagonists. In this second installment, the player meets (once again, in no particular order) Xigbar, Xaldin, Saïx, Demyx, Luxord, Roxas, the leader Xemnas and, the returning member, Axel.
- Xemnas; "The Superior;" Controlled Sorcerers, used the attribute of Nothingness and weapons called Aerial Blades.
- Xigbar; "The Freeshooter;" Controlled Snipers, used the attribute of Space and Gun Arrows.
- Xaldin; "The Whirlwind Lancer;" Controlled Dragoons, used the attribute of Wind and six Dragon-Themed Ginsu (a type of lance).
- Vexen; "The Chilly Academic", used the attribute of Ice and a Tower Shield.
- Lexaeus; "The Silent Hero", used the attribute of Earth and a giant Tomahawk.
- Zexion; "The Cloaked Schemer", used the attribute of Illusion, and a Lexicon (which is the Greek term for "dictionary").
- Saïx; "The Luna Diviner;" Controlled Berserkers, used the attribute of Moon, and a Claymore.
- Axel; "The Flurry of Dancing Flames;" Controlled Assassins, used the attribute of Fire and Twin Chakrams.
- Demyx; "The Melodious Nocturne;" Controlled Dancers, used the attribute of Water and a Sitar.
- Luxord; "The Gambler of Fate;" Controlled Gamblers, used the attribute of Time as well as Cards and Dice.
- Marluxia; "The Graceful Assassin", used the attribute of Flowers and a Scythe.
- Larxene; "The Savage Nymph", used the attribute of Lightning and several Throwing Knives.
- Roxas; "The Key of Destiny;" Controlled Samurai, used the attribute of Light and wielded up to three different Keyblades (due to being Sora's Nobody). He initially wielded the Kingdom Key but soon acquired the Oathkeeper and Oblivion.
- Xion; A new female, keyblade-wielding member who will be featured in the upcoming Nintendo DS game Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.